Mission Dates

December 10, 2008 - December 10, 2010

July 12, 2010 - Letter about Pres. Uchdorf's visit to Taiwan

Hello My Beautiful Family,

This last Saturday was awesome, we didn't go to Taipei, that was for members. We went to the mission home in Tai Zhong. It was a super cool experience. At first President Uchtdorf arrived and took a picture with the whole mission outside the mission home. Then inside we sat down and we got to go up one by one to shake him and his wife's hand. He asked every missionary where we are from. When I said Reno he replied, “Wow we just love Lake Tahoe!” His wife’s talk was really awesome. She talked about her conversion and companionship problems which helped me a lot. President Perkins also came with his wife but she and sister Bishop didn't speak. Pres. Uchtdorf talked about repentance and how when we sin but repent and forsake God forgives us and he remembers our sins no more. This I already knew but when he said, “in the name of the LORD this is true I felt the power and the spirit testify to me that God truly is a forgiving God”. He said Satan wants us to think god hasn’t forgiven us and that’s when he can grab our souls with his everlasting chains! Then he said what a marvelous promise that we need to teach our investigators that god will forget our sins when we repent. Then at the end he provoked his blessing on us which was so real and sacred at the time, I don’t know how to put it in words. If that wasn’t intense enough he bore his testimony of a special witness of Christ and said in the name of the Lord again I testify that God lives. This is word for word, he lives and this is his true church. Then he ended, one last thing, I forgot to mention in the beginning of his talk, he said that we have a 24 hour prayer service for us missionary’s. Out of 133 temples in the world people are praying for us every minute of the day for 2 hours. I thought that was cool.

Sorry for this heartbreaker, I heard from many missionaries that we will extend my departure date for December 23rd. Two days shy of serving 3 Christmas's. Not for sure yet if it is just a rumor. So if that’s a true sorry I won’t be home for Thanksgiving! I want to serve and continue finding, teaching and baptizing!

P.S. tell max I’m sorry I haven’t written, I will write him next week.
Tanner by the way...you and Sandra look great! Thanks for your companion advice. Your right I can overcome this trial. I got that at the mission conference.

Elder Lloyd brought me 5 letters because they don’t know I moved yet. I told Sister Greene and she will send my mail to the right spot now. That’s why I didn’t write Max back. Didn't know I had letters. I got 2 from him 2 from you and my perfectly sized CTR ring!!!! It fits perfect, thank you.

I love you all, congrats Alyea for making bank. Brinae and the boys write me back. Ok I love my siblings!!!

No comments: